Monday, my coworker Jenni was being celebrated for her upcoming nuptials Saturday. We decided to host a breakfast bridal celebration and I volunteered to bake some awesome cupcakes!
First up the cranberry orange whole wheat muffins! I give you the stars of the show...
Orange and Cranberry Whole Wheat Muffins
1. cup dried cranberries
2 cups hot water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. orange zest (about 1 large orange)
1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 large oranges)
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray or muffin tin liners
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix craisins and hot water in a bowl to plump cranberries, set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Add in orange zest.
- Mix in orange juice, water, canola oil and egg. Stir until just mixed.
- Drain cranberries slightly and add to batter, fold in.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin coated in cooking spray or filled with muffin liners
- Bake at 375° for about 13 minutes, or until golden brown and middle is springy.
Question of the Night: Do you have any good tips for moist muffins?